Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tha Artivist Thoughts On Morgan Freeman...



Morgan Freeman With His Soon To Be Divorced Wife...

According To The Denver Post (7/07/2008):

Oscar-winning Hollywood star Morgan Freeman's longtime marriage is heading for divorce, the National Enquirer reports.

Freeman's wife Myrna, 67, is consulting a divorce attorney after hearing that Morgan, 71, cheated on her, the report says.

His wife reportedly sought out the attorney after learning that Freeman had become "intimate" with a woman who had been her friend, a source told the Enquirer.

Meanwhile, Freeman - who stars in the new Batman flick "The Dark Knight" as weapons master Lucius Fox, "is considering cutting back on his film roles until his personal life is healed," the Enquirer quoted a source as saying.

"Morgan is in shock over his marriage ending. He's one of Hollywood's most in-demand actors, but right now he wants to focus on his personal life," said the source.

Tha Artivist Writes:

This doesn't surprise me one bit...This would also explain why he was driving around his white "girlfriend" in her 1997 Nissan Maxima around midnight...Seriously though a relative of mine who used to drive limousines in Memphis told me that he drove around Morgan Freeman during the Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis fight weekend in the summer of 2002...He told me he was with a white lady and that they looked like more than "just friends"...Could this be the same White woman he was "caught" I mean "rescued" in the car with???

When I first heard the story it sounded strange to me number one that a person as wildly successful and wealthy as Morgan Freeman, one of the greatest actors of all time and with two summer blockbusters (Wanted & The Dark Knight) no less, would be driving around in an eleven year old Nissan Maxima...He could easily afford an upgrade with premium gas many times over no doubt...

Also could this be Morgan Freeman's Tony Soprano or Teddy Kennedy moment???
How would a car driving down a lonely dirt road just flip over, become airborne and land in the ditch as if they hit an i.e.d. (improvised exploding device) outside of Baghdad???

As you fans may recall there was a Sopranos' episode where Tony got into a bad accident with his protege and nephew's fiancee...The SUV flipped over and they incur some injuries and both were treated at the hospital..Although it was an accident rumors started to circulate to suggest that Tony who was driving received oral sex from Adria who ended up wearing a neck brace...The oral was so good that Tony got very excited and lost control of his senses and the SUV...It wasn't important what was the truth, only the people's perception of what was true to them mattered...That's an unfortunate fact of life...Many friendships are ended and wars are started and fought on a lie...Hint, hint...

I have my own Morgan Freeman story to share...A couple of years ago I was trying to get in touch with Morgan Freeman...I recently wrote my first book, James Reese Europe: Jazz Lieutenant, and wanted to meet him...I remember seeing on the tv program 60 minutes that Morgan was interested in helping children as well as teaching children more about their history...He told Mike Wallace he didn't believe in a Black History month and that people needed to start to see and treat each others as human beings...He also stressed the value of learning and reading...So I thought that this would be a great opportunity to connect with Freeman to give him a copy of the book as well as to introduce myself and share with him the other things I was doing...

It just so happens that I was able to get Morgan Freeman's address in Charleston, MS, through a friend...I prepared a portfolio package, paid almost $5.00 in postage and awaited Freeman's reply...Days later I received my unopened package back with some writing on it...The writing stated that the package felt like a script and I was told to resend as well as to write what it actually was on the outside of the package...I wasn't distressed or put off by the gesture, I actually thought it was great to know that I was given the right address and that I was close in reaching Mr. Freeman..So I did what I was instructed to do and re-sent the package....Days later I receive the package again unopened with a stamp suggesting it was the wrong address...I thought that that was weird considering that I used the same address...How could it be wrong??? I still wasn't put off, but I was even more determined...However, 15$ in postage later I figured I better change the game plan...

So I contacted his business partner and friend, Lawyer Bill Luckett's office to see if there was an alternative way of Freeman receiving my package..."There was," I was told by the office receptionist, Luckett's office p.o. box...I sent it to the p.o. box and awaited a reply...The receptionist told me that Mr. Freeman was very good at answering fan mail and such and that I should receive a reply in a matter of days...Well days became weeks and weeks became months...

Finally I e-mailed his business partner to see why haven't I receive a response...Bill Luckett replied back by saying that he will look into it...Now I knew that Morgan or somebody close to him received my package...The receptionist herself told me that Morgan's mail from the p.o. box is picked up on a very regular basis...Finally, we got a response from Bill Luckett that Morgan wasn't interested in what I was doing nor wanted to reach out to me in any fashion...I was disappointed because number one he didn't send me a letter to tell me that he received the package or that he wasn't interested (like I said before his receptionist stated that he answers all his mail)...Where's the southern hospitality???

Also I wasn't asking for money, I just thought he would be interested in knowing that his work has made an impact on people like me who strive to be a part of the solution on a daily basis...I was actually offering my support and solidarity with him on that...It's a damn shame that Black elders sometimes don't believe in helping the up and comers who want to help themselves by seeking guidance and wise counsel...

Black people are the only group of people I know that don't really go out of their way in nurturing their young leadership...For example, the late Tim Russert of Meet The Press fame, although he was the son of a sanitation worker, was able to get the grooming he needed from powerful white men who were like his fathers, U.S. Senator Patrick Moynihan and NY Gov. Mario Cuomo to be exact...Rarely do I hear or see Black business and community leaders going out of their way to "mentor" to the youths...Not just read books at the public library or give class day speeches mind you, but to cultivate in a young person a sense of identity, worth, respect and purpose...That's one of the reasons for the lack of direction in Black America...It's the blind leading or some in cases not wanting to lead the blind...More later...

Any ways, the moral of the story is don't get caught up in flashy lights...No one can be a celebrity without your consent, meaning that we all have the power within ourselves to make a difference and that no one person can be deemed more important than you without you giving them your o.k. or soul...Also Morgan 'only plays' a nice old Black man on screen...

The Life And Times Of R2C2H2 Tha Artivist

No comments: