Sunday, August 06, 2006

Check out Art Talk (August 12) and other upcoming events and projects featuring artist Charles Huntley Nelson!!!



Hello all, I hope that you can make it to the artist talk. It will be more of a lighthearted overview of my work and interest in the topic of Afrofuturism than anything else. I also just wanted to give everyone a few updates:

- I will be featured in a profile in the Sunday Arts & Books section of the AJC (Atlanta Journal & Constitution) tentatively scheduled for August 13.
- I will be featured in the "Check Out" section of the Studio Museum of Harlem's Studio magazine. This feature compares the work of an established artist (Howardena Pindell in this case) with an emerging artist.
- Shows coming up in the fall are Ingalls & Associates Gallery September 9 (Miami, FL), Cheekwood Museum October 6 (Nashville, TN), and Rush Arts Gallery November 18 (New York, NY).

Talk to you soon, Charles

No comments: